Terms of Business
All details of business terms, prices & descriptions of items offered for sale in this shop are current, subject to change without prior notice & replace any previously advertised details.
All items advertised on this web site are of original period manufacture unless stated otherwise. We offer a money back guarantee on all of the goods supplied subject to the terms listed below.
- Should you be unhappy with any item purchased, you should contact us by e mail within 7 days of receipt of the goods. The item can then be returned to us, provided that it is in the condition as sent, for a full refund of the purchase price. If an item is not notified to us within this time, it will be considered as being sold. We regret that postage costs are not refundable
- This refund offer does not apply to any goods purchased in error (including errors in translation of the text of this web site to another language), on the behalf of a third party, nor to goods that have been damaged, disassembled or tampered with after purchase.
- We supply items for collector's display purposes only & such items are not intended for actual wear or use. We do not guarantee the fitting of any clothing, footwear or headgear, nor their suitability for being worn.
- The responsibility lies with the customer to ensure that any goods ordered are allowed to be imported into your country. If an item has to be returned because it cannot be imported to your country, we can offer other goods to the same value in exchange, less any return postage & import costs incurred by us, but are unable to give a refund
- Any returned items paid for via Paypal will be refunded via Paypal.
Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Orders.
No contract will exist between you and us until we have received full payment from you and have dispatched the ordered products. Please note that our initial acknowledgment of your order does not constitute acceptance of that order. You may also receive a payment acknowledgment email from Paypal, this again does not constitute acceptance of that order.
Should we, for any reason, decide not to accept your order we will advise you accordingly and any monies paid will be refunded.
Sales of Knives & Firearms
The sale of Knives, other Edged Weapons and Firearms are restricted to those aged over 18. Verification of age is required before purchase is concluded.
Terms of Gold, Silver and Bronze Used
The expresssions 'Gold', 'Silver' or 'Bronze' relate to, especially in the case of Decorations, to the grade of the award or the appearance or plating finish of metal items and does not imply a solid metal content of this description unless otherwise stated.
Layaway, Interest Free Spread Payment Scheme
With purchases over £1000.00 we offer a spread payment scheme, once your order is confirmed we require a 25% down payment and the due balance to be paid in full, interest free, within 12 weeks of ordering.
With purchases over £500.00 we offer a spread payment scheme, once your order is confirmed we require a 25% down payment and the due balance to be paid in full, interest free, within 6 weeks of ordering.
With purchases over £300.00 we offer a spread payment scheme, once your order is confirmed we require a 25% down payment and the due balance to be paid in full, interest free, within 4 weeks of ordering.
Failure to settle the account may result in the loss of your deposit, subject to the discretion of The Military Chest
Availability of Goods.
This web site is designed to show only items of stock that are still available for sale, but it is still remotely possible that an item could be sold during your visit to the web site. In the unlikely event that an item has been sold by the time that you place your order, we will inform you by return e-mail.
All orders are subject to a delivery, packing & handling charge.
We do not to send to PO Boxes or some overseas destinations.
The correct charges will be automatically calculated via our Shopping basket ordering system and are based on the total weight of your order, your location and our normal method of despatch - Recorded Delivery for items under £30.00 value, Special Delivery for over £30.00 value, Insured Tracked and/or Signed For depending on the Overseas destination.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to alter any miscalculation, plus or minus, and you will be notified prior to shipping of any changes.
All items will be sent with full insurance cover.
We will package the items well to prevent damage, and obtain all relevant despatch documents etc.
All payments will be taken in British Pounds (££) Sterling.
We currently accept payment via: -
PayPal (with order)
Personal Cheques in £ Sterling only (we will email details). The cheque must be received within 5 working days, the order will be cancelled if the cheque is not received during this period.
International Money Orders and Bank Drafts in £ Sterling only (we will email details) .
Bank Transfer in £ Sterling only (we will email details). The transfer is expected within 5 working days of purchase, the order will be cancelled if payment is not received during this period.
Cash payments to be sent by Special Delivery.
We cannot be held responsible for sudden changes in foreign exchange rates.
All photographs on the web site are our property and are not to be reproduced without prior permission.
Due to the complexities of the electronic world regarding this web shop, We reserve the right to refuse a sale if there has been an electronic failure in the description or pricing of any specific item.